Author Topic: UTM architecture graduates  (Read 5758 times)

Offline ycwong80

• Junior
UTM architecture graduates
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2005, 09:56:13 AM »
thks for the comments.

i think tis sem, for the thesis crit, we fail to get cooperation frm the penyelaras, though in this matter we r passive.  we do list dwn the names of external panels, n the penyelaras said tat he'll handle tis matter n no need our help. hvr, i think until now, the penyelaras fails to do his job.  i think i'll talk to him again as tis is ald half sem, n our final few crits will b very soon.  

wat lyceum said is damn right, i mean the students hv to take up the initiative.  but from wat i feel most of the students juz dun care abt it...they juz wan to complete it with the approval of their panels.  

I can help get you some names and contacts (of those Singapore architects and consultants)

i'll c wat we can do...will ask u abt the names if we want.
Travel the world until you see that our castle is the greatest, and our women the most beautiful --The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho

everyman is like all other men, like some other men, like no other man...

Offline bruce_t

• Regular
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2005, 11:17:29 PM »
Singapore's built environment is far more advanced and developed than KL!

There are a lot more better architects (local and foreign) and other consultants in Singapore! You should try to find ways to organise talks from them or even go to singapore and get them to present their work on site! Or just roam around! take pictures!You have Kerry Hill, Ernesto Bedmar, SCDA, WOHA, Dr Rezal Jorabi from Webstructures (C&S consultant who's currently working on the Troika building by Norman Foster in KL) and a whole lot of others!
its a good point, (why din i thought of that..)

and waiting the faculty to spoon feed is not a good idea, we have to do it by our own. and currently architech are busying with workshop i think nobody really "free" to organise this kinda lectures...but i dun mind i take up the responsibility to do something like that.

anyway, mind to tell more about  how to get intouch with them?
i'm not sure what is the procedure to invite panel to come over

Offline lyceum

• Administrator
  • Senior
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2005, 11:31:51 PM »
I don't have the contacts with me at the moment but I'll get them. Easiest way is to do a search on them. They all have their own websites with contact details. You can either email them (the principle or directors) or get an official letter (with UTM letterhead and signed by the panel head) inviting them to attend a crit or give a talk.  Nothing special about that.  Even at my office we get such letters from UM or UPM. Then you just have to follow up with their PA or secretary. I doubt the directors themselves will be free to entertain you or take your call.

Check with your panel head on procedures and formality. Ask them for samples of invite letters that have been used before.  
"Resistance is futile! Your posterior shall be violated!!"