Author Topic: We've MOVED!  (Read 7403 times)

Awan_Larat

We've MOVED!
« on: September 08, 2008, 09:02:56 PM »

We've moved. We've just got our internet line in. Find us at Blok AA of UTM KL City Campus. Its not much but the spaces are much better than our old place.

OUr block is right in front of MINDEF, you could see it clearly by the road.

Awan_Larat

Re: We've MOVED!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:07:18 PM »
Side view (From MINDEF) and the exterior spaces. It's still not finished. The lower exterior is supposed to be painted in dark grey. They haven't start working on the the landscaping

Awan_Larat

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 09:09:01 PM »
Main Entrance and staircase to our Atelier's (studio). The lower picture is the computer lab.

Awan_Larat

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:13:38 PM »

We hava a permanent gallery to keep all the Models, drawings that the students did. Our model archive is always expanding..mane lah tahu, boleh bukak Muzium Architecture lagi 5 tahun.

Awan_Larat

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:18:51 PM »
One of the small changes we did was to change the name STUDIO to ATELIER. We thought the word Studio has lost its meaning when QS and Planners use them same to Architecture in SKUDAI. Atelier nampak macam ruang tu sentiasa semak, alive..macam bengkel...mcm Architect. Bukan poyo..cuma mencari identiti sendiri. Kat Skudai kan diorang panggil Design Lab. Sini Atelier...

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:20:56 PM by Awan_Larat »

Awan_Larat

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:24:15 PM »

The first year got the biggest Atelier at the timber frame block. The 2nd year and 3rd year shared the main block on the second floor. Our workplace are not fixed like Skudai. Its fine for us as every semester these rooms can be converted into galleries for our Semesters, Portfolio Exhibition.

Offline sonatta

• Senior
  • Amik ko! amik ko! amik ko!
    • ArchiTecTurA
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
jeles jeles jeles jeles

Offline sonatta

• Senior
  • Amik ko! amik ko! amik ko!
    • ArchiTecTurA
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 11:11:56 PM »
nih bekas bilik intan masa first year ni.

Offline doctor_cox

• Senior
    • http://geocities.com/petaling_st
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 11:28:11 PM »
nampak cam happening.

Offline logorithm

• Senior
  • Archi890
    • Just about anything lah...
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »
Very nice! ;)6

Offline tawel

• The Sword Bearer from Hell...
  • Senior
  • ..will swept through the rank of riff raff.
    • 3dlinks.com
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 06:43:01 PM »
wow loft!

Offline logorithm

• Senior
  • Archi890
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »
Awan Larat, you didn't tell us whether you inherited the building like this or if you have something to do with it. :hmm:

Offline tawel

• The Sword Bearer from Hell...
  • Senior
  • ..will swept through the rank of riff raff.
    • 3dlinks.com
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 09:49:02 PM »
just look at the colour! i bet he did something to the building...ha ha ha yuri!

Awan_Larat

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 10:56:48 PM »

This is how it look before the renovation. A rundown girls hostel.

Offline logorithm

• Senior
  • Archi890
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 01:40:59 AM »
Wah... great improvement there!  With a lil bit more of landscaping and put a wakaf or two there... the place will be complete.

Have you ever thought of painting some of the walls inside green?  Like apple green?  It's calming and good for the eyes.  It'll also compliment the black and red theme.  Don't you think so?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:11:37 AM by logorithm »

Awan_Larat

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 05:03:52 AM »
The landscape is the only package that was still under construction. It is due before Hari Raya.

The burgundy colour was chosen by the Lab-Master. The studio walls and lab is actually already apple green. The colours are meant to be vibrant. Kena dengan character budak-budak ARCO. Kalau workplace (atelier) kitorang monotonous sangat macam makmal..sentiasa bersih, clinical...rasa macam depressing jer. Plus boleh happeningkan atelier tuh...sentiasa hidup dengan kreativiti..semak...

The atelier's are a bit tight. Betul ke, ruang yang sempit boleh trigger banyak creative thinking dari luas? Kemewahan ruang memanjakan student? Complacent?

Nonetheless, like i argue before, the spaces a not fixed. The beauty of it is how the ateliers can be converted to galleries. That is why all the ceilings are black. Can't wait for the next portfolio exhibition.

Offline logorithm

• Senior
  • Archi890
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 05:22:38 AM »
Yes, I noticed the walls are a bit greenish, but that looks more like pastel green, not apple green.  It wouldn't help sharpen the eyes. :D

What I'm saying is having a few feature walls in apple green, not throughout the interiors.  I believe this will make the interior even more vibrant.

Anyway, from your tone, who am I to even suggest anything, right?  You're the boss!

Awan_Larat

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 05:38:42 AM »

What I'm saying is having a few feature walls in apple green, not throughout the interiors.  I believe this will make the interior even more vibrant.

Anyway, from your tone, who am I to even suggest anything, right?  You're the boss!

Alar jgn le camtu..
I appreciate the suggestion logo, kalau ikutkan konsep asal interior akan jadik macam dalam Interior Fitness First..hahaha...The Apple Green is nice, cuma aku bukan lab-master. I don't make the decision, suggestion banyak, not me alone...input dari semua orang ARCO.

Offline pyan

• Senior
    • design portfolio
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »
cun cun..makmal jek agak regimented...agak olskool...maybe keeping with the spirit of the monitors as well kot..muehehe
dumb di dumb di dumb..

Offline doctor_cox

• Senior
    • http://geocities.com/petaling_st
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 06:14:27 PM »
keep the temp refuse bin! that thing always reminds me of something something holt pfau jones.