Author Topic: 3rd Year Semester 5  (Read 3077 times)

Offline SIM_UTM

• Experienced
    • http://
3rd Year Semester 5
« on: May 05, 2007, 12:30:52 PM »
geez.... after such a long while i had been absence... i cant even find the hyperlink that link to the "view the new post" zzzzzzz.... still not used to it hahax!
anyway as usual like previously i asked from aza, i would like to have a brief on 3rd year programme and learning outcome. err.... you might want to give a general idea on 3rd year and detail explaination on 5th semster... thanks a lot!

Offline SIM_UTM

• Experienced
Re: 3rd Year Semester 5
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 02:02:11 PM »
duh quite disappointing to see the thread read for 16 times yet none reply, u can close the thread now mod =.=|

Offline lzyee

• Experienced
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 05:59:38 PM »
maybe en aza's busy, u have more than a month to go, be patient la..
3rd year!! means u are going to grad after the year!! and going to join us in utm skudai?

Offline sonatta

• Senior
  • Amik ko! amik ko! amik ko!
    • ArchiTecTurA
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 02:42:05 AM »
most probably will enter 3rd year there.

Offline azarimy

• Lecturer GILA!
  • Administrator
  • Senior
    • azarimy's sketchstation version 3.0
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 05:18:27 AM »
i've been trying to dig my harddrive for anything substantial that could be of help to u, but thing is, i've left all the old curriculum files in my other harddrive in msia, and there's no way i could retrieve it at the moment. so what i'm gonna do is try to put down things that i could remember on top of my head. but it's not VERY reliable, bcoz juggling between 6 different curriculums in my head currently, i might tend to confuse some of them with each other. so here goes:

setting, location and site

in the diploma curriculum, 3rd year 1st sem is a project in an urban setting. if previously u've dealt with 1 or 2 shoplots the most (in an urban setting), this semester we're talking a slightly bigger project, probably about 3-4 shoplots in size.

issues

3rd year 1st sem projects will be very issue driven, where u must set out clearly to tackle the issue(s) right from the beginning of the project, be it urban, social or environmental (these are the common ones in an urban setting).

project(s)

in 3rd year 1st sem, u will have 2 projects, one minor and one major. sometimes the major project is split into smaller segments. there will also be a working drawing (?) exercise which can be based either on ur minor project or the smaller segment of the major project. both the minor and major projects usually connected with each other, probably by site, issue or design wise. clues to understanding the major project can be observed by the minor project.

technical requirements

the projects will involve short to medium span structures, and a considerable amount of details (which should be illustrated by the working dwg project). so it would be best to look up references on short-medium span structures early on. if i'm not mistaken there should also be a requirement for composite construction, but i cant recall whether this is the new or old curriculum.

services wise: water & electrical supply, fire regulations, lift & escalators (if applicable), aircond, waste disposal and basic distribution services and circulation.

all in all, a student should be able to critically analyze principles of building technology, and integrate them in their design.

communications

students should be able to exhibit competent dwg skills (both presentation and technical), ability to argue and debate an issue as well as portray/project a good self image.

others

for the 3rd years 1st sem in the degree curriculum, there's a requirement to calculate building costs, but i'm not sure with the diploma's. it may be a requirement in 2nd sem.

i hope this helps.
what gets us into trouble is not what we dont know. it's what we know for sure that just ain't so - mark twain

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 01:28:56 AM »
Mr K said we'll be designing in a much larger site... it's to design a few buildings instead of just one building. we'll learn to design space relationship between two or more buildings (or blocks or some sort)...

Th major project is a nursing centre or rehab centre or something........ remember that one that's in the survey... not sure yet tho
"Seeing is not believing; believing IS seeing..."

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline SIM_UTM

• Experienced
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 12:06:28 PM »
i see isee... thx 4 d feedback. i guess most of us would have the MOST problem in 3rd yr is abt electrical and water supply then... coz currently we are still blur abt the services, all we know is d best way is to make it into the a core, if possible although..  :pening:

Awan_Larat

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 05:06:49 PM »

Actually Sim, all those that Mr. Aza told about what you will be doing in 3rd year was done last semester, therefore your criteria and LO's was fullfiled in advance one semester-up. That was the comment from Prof. Parid, Pm Apai & Dr Mahmud Jusan.  So go figured! Hehehe.

But you are right, more on the 'services', and details. Scale is also bigger. Since we have done 2 Urban Site, you might be going to a Site where it is the clash between a tight Urban Site and a hilly/retreat area. I don't think you have experience yet in designing an area of 30 to 45 degrees. Slopes..in Urban Area?

Offline azarimy

• Lecturer GILA!
  • Administrator
  • Senior
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 05:16:38 PM »
i distinctly remember that constructions over 30% inclination would require an EIA (environmental impact assessment). u might wanna give the students some heads up, or even include that as part of the LO.
what gets us into trouble is not what we dont know. it's what we know for sure that just ain't so - mark twain

Awan_Larat

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 06:06:03 PM »

Hrmmm good idea. Training them to be Environmentally conscious regarding technical issues on EIA.

Offline azarimy

• Lecturer GILA!
  • Administrator
  • Senior
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 11:59:51 PM »
u've got to check with hamdan on how to implement the EIA as part of the LO. i've seen students in the environmental thesis panel done it, but i'm not quite sure at the lower levels.

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 07:40:05 AM »
But you are right, more on the 'services', and details. Scale is also bigger. Since we have done 2 Urban Site, you might be going to a Site where it is the clash between a tight Urban Site and a hilly/retreat area. I don't think you have experience yet in designing an area of 30 to 45 degrees. Slopes..in Urban Area?

Sounds cool and challenging... some of our precedence studies lastsem are the houses built in slopes (Husna, Wan Hui, Vun Fang, Huda) the architects eiher elevated the buildings, but mostly they cut the hill and build INTO the hill (i like that, but have to watch out for the envitonmental effect and technical... oh dear....)

The first year's retreat house are all on a hilly site, guess they had fun learning how to play with the contours ^^

hehe, till now i still find it hard to grasps the urban part of architecture... guess that's y they say that urban is the hardest School or thoughts in architecture....
"Seeing is not believing; believing IS seeing..."

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline SIM_UTM

• Experienced
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »
u've got to check with hamdan on how to implement the EIA as part of the LO. i've seen students in the environmental thesis panel done it, but i'm not quite sure at the lower levels.

sorry to be honest... frankyly speaking i have now idea what you mean by EIA and LO, although i have some image connected with those words but im not quite clear about it. is it just the relationship of the building and how the structures void out the vibration and such thing? or even about the ventilation and heat inside the structure?? O.o|

Offline azarimy

• Lecturer GILA!
  • Administrator
  • Senior
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »
environmental impact assessment (EIA) is an international system used to estimate the possible impact of building ur design to the immediate environment. some see this as the ultimate "environmentalist ideology" in relation to architecture, as it stresses how ur building affect the environment rather despite whatever the architect said about their design being "environmentally conscious" or "respects the environment".

msian gvment uses EIA to control the construction industry so that they dont get overzealous in ravaging the environment. although EIA has been around for quite some time, the need for it became very clear after the highland towers collapsed in 1993.

more on EIA in wikipedia.

LO is learning outcome. the indicator of what the curriculum expects u to learn at a particular level or in a particular subject. to integrate EIA in the LO, u will see a phrase similar to the one below in ur design brief:

"The ability to understand and use EIA as part of design consideration."

a subject could have between 2 to 6 LOs typically, although certain subjects have more. fulfilling the LOs should allow u to pass the subject with a B. failing to achieve certain LOs will drop u to C or even fail. exhibiting more than LOs require will usually result in an A.

Offline agrohimzqi

• agrohimvkvKA
  • Fresh!
    • ????????? ??? ???? ? ???????
борей инсект
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 06:27:35 AM »
Приветствую Вас дамы и господа!

Минеральные удобрения– вещества, имеющие неорганическую природу происхождения. Они традиционно используются в сельском хозяйстве, так как являются более доступными, чем органические, дают быстрый положительный эффект, и имеют широкий спектр действия. Также их гораздо удобнее и дешевле транспортировать.
1)аммиачная селитра купить в минске - Минеральные удобрения купить в Минске можно самовывозом в течении 20 минут, либо c оперативной доставкой.Покупая у нас, вы можете заказать товар, как оптом, так и в розницу. Крупным заказчикам всегда предоставляются скидки в объеме соответствующей величине сделки между нами.
2)минеральные удобрения купить Минск - Мы предлагаем вам приобрести только комплексные препараты, позволяющие полностью насытить потребности растения после обработки. Наши поставщики имеют в штате квалифицированных специалистов, способных точно произвести расчёты и анализ почвы, а на основе этих показателей создать для вас удобрения с идеальным набором макро- и микроэлементов.
3)неорганические удобрения купить - Каждый товар проходит тщательные клинические испытания на различных видах почв и только после этого запускается в серийное производство. Вы можете использовать нашу продукцию не только в целях крупной агрокорпорации с тысячами гектаров земли, но и для облагораживания приусадебного участка, дачных посевов.
4)минеральные удобрения в Беларуси - Мы заботимся о том, чтобы предоставляемый нами сервис был высокого уровня. В этом нам помогает наличие главного офиса, складов для готовой продукции, сети дилеров. Кроме того, мы дорожим своей репутацией и несем ответственность за качество нашего товара.
Мы будем рады Вас видеть у нас на сайте НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ
От всей души Вам всех благ!

дозы минеральных удобрений под картофель
аммонийные удобрения
аммофос купить в рб
имидор инсектицид про
удобрения самомес
калийные удобрения фото
гербициды миура
удобрения под
борей инсектицид отравление
азотные удобрения для растений
жидкий фосфор удобрение
аммофос np 12:52 минск
биологическая эффективность применения гербицидов
удобрение универсал купить
удобрение огурцам
важнейшие азотные удобрения
инсектицид борей фасовка
минеральные удобрения кислой почвы
поларис протравитель семян цена
расчет дозы минеральных удобрений
продам гербицид миура
назначение удобрений
результаты применения удобрения
пивот гербицид
флоровит удобрение голубики
известково аммиачная селитра
стимекс удобрение
купить гербициды в минске
раундап купить
бетанал эксперт гербицид
виноград удобрение подкормки
удобрения цветной капусты
фунгициды целей
удобрение кустарников осенью
гербицид балерина и дождь
аммиачная селитра можно заменить
аммиачная селитра цена
калийные удобрения растений
карибу гербицид
цена протравитель тебу 60
фюзилад форте гербицид
гербициды вносить
агрохимические работы
получают азотные удобрения
минеральные удобрения овощных культур
райкат старт для томатов
миниральные удобрения
гербицид лонтрел 300 применение
отзывы гербициды балерина
npk удобрения купить

Offline agrohimzqi

• agrohimvkvKA
  • Fresh!
купить протр
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 06:29:23 AM »
Здравствуйте господа!

Минеральные удобрения– вещества, имеющие неорганическую природу происхождения. Они традиционно используются в сельском хозяйстве, так как являются более доступными, чем органические, дают быстрый положительный эффект, и имеют широкий спектр действия. Также их гораздо удобнее и дешевле транспортировать.
1)аммиачная селитра купить в минске - Минеральные удобрения купить в Минске можно самовывозом в течении 20 минут, либо c оперативной доставкой.Покупая у нас, вы можете заказать товар, как оптом, так и в розницу. Крупным заказчикам всегда предоставляются скидки в объеме соответствующей величине сделки между нами.
2)минеральные удобрения купить Минск - Мы предлагаем вам приобрести только комплексные препараты, позволяющие полностью насытить потребности растения после обработки. Наши поставщики имеют в штате квалифицированных специалистов, способных точно произвести расчёты и анализ почвы, а на основе этих показателей создать для вас удобрения с идеальным набором макро- и микроэлементов.
3)неорганические удобрения купить - Каждый товар проходит тщательные клинические испытания на различных видах почв и только после этого запускается в серийное производство. Вы можете использовать нашу продукцию не только в целях крупной агрокорпорации с тысячами гектаров земли, но и для облагораживания приусадебного участка, дачных посевов.
4)минеральные удобрения в Беларуси - Мы заботимся о том, чтобы предоставляемый нами сервис был высокого уровня. В этом нам помогает наличие главного офиса, складов для готовой продукции, сети дилеров. Кроме того, мы дорожим своей репутацией и несем ответственность за качество нашего товара.
Нам будет приятно видеть у нас на вебресурсе НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ
От всей души Вам всех благ!

мировые цены на удобрения
инсектицидами являются
протравители семян зерновых культур для чего
минеральные удобрения саженцев
инсектицид искра
аммиачная селитра дозировка
методы удобрения почвы
опрыскивание деревьев аммиачной селитрой
удобрения растений начале лета
гербицид миура применение на картофеле
смеси удобрений
применение минеральных удобрений
универсальное удобрение гранулах
аммонийно нитратные удобрения
флоровит удобрение голубики
глифосат гербицид
назначение минеральных удобрений
примеры удобрений
сколько стоит удобрение селитра
удобрения для саженцев
удобрения общее
кинфос купить цена
борей инсектицид применение на картофеле
инсектициды от колорадского жука
обработка растений фунгицидами
защита растений
базис гербицид цена
спирит фунгицид
гербицид балерина инструкция по применению на дачных участках
кислотность минеральных удобрений
растение удобрения почвы
балерина гербицид сорняки
инсектицид фастак
регент инсектицид
удобрения азотом фосфором
удобрения под зиму
цена на инсектицид кинфос
садоводство удобрение
жидкие комплексные удобрения купить
удобрения для роз осенью
качественные удобрения
протравители пшеницы
протравители купить
гербицид лонтрел инструкция
удобрения вещества
вносить аммиачную селитру
удобрение подкормка капусты
протравитель картофеля
простые удобрения
кристалон цветов

Offline agrohimzqi

• agrohimvkvKA
  • Fresh!
цена на протр
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 06:30:01 AM »
Привет товарищи!

Нам будет приятно видеть у нас на вебресурсе НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ
Увидимся!

удобрения для культур
рекомендуемые цены на гербициды в беларуси
стоимость аммиачной селитры
удобрения грядок весной
сульфат магния удобрение применение
лонтрел гербицид последействия
аммиачная селитра нитраты
удобрения при перекопке осенью
фунгицид квадрис
какие удобрения вносить осенью