Author Topic: PAUSE & REWIND, Portfolio Exihibition 2007, UTM KL  (Read 13673 times)

Awan_Larat

Re: PAUSE & REWIND, Portfolio Exihibition 2007, UTM KL
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2007, 01:49:32 AM »

Budak tu buat study precedent studies Morphosis le Tawel, sebab tu sama mcam kawan ngkao kat US..hehehehe.

Offline tawel

• The Sword Bearer from Hell...
  • Senior
  • ..will swept through the rank of riff raff.
    • 3dlinks.com
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2007, 04:31:48 AM »
patut la....good job

Offline tawel

• Senior
    • 3dlinks.com
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2007, 04:49:15 AM »
As neutral person id say the 1st year surpass my expectation. The idea of bringing parents and relatives to the portfolio were also good, yet the food can be better. aaa i suggest a theme for each portfolio and the showcase should be exhibition like. Pinjam la dewan tuh dan design sikit exhibition tu guna recycle material.

mintak la sikit budget ngan jabatan, sepatutnya ini yang jadi event bukan archiweek.

reason.
Student rasa portfolio bukan sebagai satu dateline yang membebankan tapi sesuatu yang di nanti-nantikan. Bila everyone showcase their work there will be competition like atmosphere and the quality of work will improve.

contoh je nih...cheers

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2007, 06:51:18 AM »
Cool!! haha, thanks for the ideas tawel... but i think you shuld know, this is our second ever portfolio review exhibiton. This semester's exhibition was an improvement to the last... i believe we will make it a utmkl tradition, to celebrate the portfolio as the ending of a semester and to show the public what we have been toiling off with sleepless nights for the whole semester...

And the party after that..... hehe, this year's party was interesting... very beautiful....

Cangrats to all the AJK and all my course mates.... you rock!
"Seeing is not believing; believing IS seeing..."

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Awan_Larat

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »

Small steps, Tawel. Making the culture isn't easy, lagilah nak elak dari ia jadi superficial. Setiap kali guest datang aku worry nanti first diorang judge 'KECANTIKAN' exhibition tu bukan SUBSTANCE. Kita kena explain concept, space planning, practicality...all those matter in Practice & Education, bukan graphic dan presentation semata-mata. What are beautiful presentation with corrupt meaning. 

Anyway,
I like the idea of ending the semester in a positive mood. Bukan semua blah dan sibuk ngan exam. Celebrate your works!! And yeah you've guys are great!, just remember dengan pujian datang tanggungjawab! Do better next semester. 

Offline tawel

• Senior
    • 3dlinks.com
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2007, 07:55:06 PM »
ye lah instead of panggil benda tuh portfolio baik panggil exhibition. If its clashed with the exam or room cleaning find some date that didnt.

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2007, 02:28:19 AM »
I think we have an up sade that our class are small. even with exams, it's easy to handle cos the exam date we need to onsider are only for 2 batches (3 batches for the next sem...) unlike in Skudai where there're 5 years of students...

But then again, how IS the portfolio review there held? according to batch? workbase? or all together in one single day like us?

We don't call it an exhibiton only, tanah. artually, we have ONE dy of portfolio review for the panels to view our work and the other two days will be the exhibition opened to public.... but this semester there was a change of plans bacause of the public holiday on the 26th.

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline azarimy

• Lecturer GILA!
  • Administrator
  • Senior
    • azarimy's sketchstation version 3.0
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2007, 02:32:04 AM »
the full name of the event, if u refer to UTM's curriculum, is "portfolio exhibition".

so everybody wins.
what gets us into trouble is not what we dont know. it's what we know for sure that just ain't so - mark twain

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2007, 02:33:00 AM »
haha, no comment, whatever you call it, it is what it is.

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline tawel

• Senior
    • 3dlinks.com
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2007, 06:52:34 AM »
"portfolio exhibition"

ofcourse we as an arch students or ex students know what is the above words. I meant for the public. When you iklan kan the ' pause and rewind, portfolio exhibition '... for the public it probably sounds like a 'polio vaccin awareness day...'.

It should be writen ...'pause and rewind, architectural exhibit by the school of architecture UTM, showcase of students and review'...   more or less.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 06:54:45 AM by tawel »

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2007, 07:58:02 PM »
spell it out for them..... haha!! but if the culture is established, it'll sound normal in the tiny campus of UTM KL. it'll be an end of year event that all students in and outside of campus to look forward to.

We already have a bunch of students from other colege who came for both semester's exhibition. they left compliments, they even recognized some of the past semester's work that was exhibited

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline tawel

• Senior
    • 3dlinks.com
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2007, 08:21:17 PM »
yeah..is there a complimentary books? i didnt notice.

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2007, 03:42:00 AM »
nope... no books yet........

BUT.... it might come to pass a day when the UTM KL archi students will publish our own portfolio magazine or compilation or whatever you call it... i for one, cannot wait to put my writing skills to the test.

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline jim7

• Senior
    • http://myspace.com/rhythminscreammusic
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »
cool, i must say, frankly speaking for a two year old experiment, i expect something less hahaha (no heart feelings yuri, mr. k). Even though you guys are shorthanded, u handled well. All the kids seems to enjoy their work (and hopefully understands it heheh).

and dont push em to hard... pet projek kena buat sorang satu? huhuhu... kesian ooo.
bla bla bla

Awan_Larat

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2007, 12:35:24 AM »
and dont push em to hard... pet projek kena buat sorang satu? huhuhu... kesian ooo.

hehehe...no komen..

Offline azarimy

• Lecturer GILA!
  • Administrator
  • Senior
    • azarimy's sketchstation version 3.0
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2007, 12:48:56 AM »
i thought sekarang ni memang semuorang buat pet projek sorang satu?
what gets us into trouble is not what we dont know. it's what we know for sure that just ain't so - mark twain

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2007, 06:22:51 AM »
dunno, but i personally ENJOYED the pet project....... i like writing more than drawing that's for sure

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline tawel

• Senior
    • 3dlinks.com
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2007, 06:40:34 AM »
bagus pet projek sorang satu... penuh sikit exhibit

Awan_Larat

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2007, 08:06:40 PM »

HAHAHA...memang pun, kasik penuh exhibit...kalau ikutkan setiap satu minggu satu projek..lagi best!

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »
HAHAHA...memang pun, kasik penuh exhibit...kalau ikutkan setiap satu minggu satu projek..lagi best!

Yuri, you'll kill us! haha. dahla kite ni one whole sem baru study for arounf ONE WEEK... as i looked back in the semester, i spend very little time studying... (studying has turned into a "hobby" like what you do doing your free time) i spent lots of time reading tho... that's my REAL hobby...

ANYWAYS, exhibit dah penuh ma.... dah la dua board to dah susah nak tampal all the drawings....just ngam ngam cukup only for a few of us... ^^

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna