Author Topic: So what is the pedagogy of 2nd year diploma?  (Read 6115 times)

Offline adam's ex

• Fresh!
Re: So what is the pedagogy of 2nd year diploma?
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2007, 05:33:43 AM »
Hi. I'm adam's ex... and i have a big frown on my forehead at the moment. Sorry for being daft here, but can someone please enlighten me by explaining the term 'PHILOSOPHY' in relation to architecture ? and what's it got to do with architectural education? and to a certain extent, it's importance to architecture studio pedagogy?  

i'm not an architect, not yet an academician. just a lay person... so one request: please explain to my thick, peroxided blonde head using simple, layman terms (as i notice u guys are so way up there, using big words like 'oligarchy'... sounds like something off 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy...)
do pardon my ignorance...    

Awan_Larat

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2007, 06:31:09 PM »
However, if your particular project has a strong or obvious approach in either urban, vernacular or one of the other DSOT approaches, please, by all means, post it there... or request that one of us do it for you.  True, your projects may have different approaches, but one may be more prominent.
Take your community centre project for example.... if i were you, i'd post your project queries and discussion about your project under the Community and Social Architecture.

Ramesh is right, do post you project if you are trying to take a specific approach to the DSOT, however, do remind yourselves that theory does not make the whole accumulation of your design. We value technicality in great deal here in KL, for Corbusier, Wright's writings are mostly about the forgotten technical details that architect's seems to forgot at that time. We do live, paralel to their times. I don't believe that part one students should categorized themselves under specific DSOT, not untill you reach 6th year. It is only by Master & PHd you are entitled to 'categorized' yourselves. 

Look, Cik EV take your sarcasm somewhere else, if your are indeed dumbfounded...its your lost. You know Philosophy is important, that it is even embedded in French Fairy Tales like your Professor told you. so to say you don't know, what is your agenda? If you really want to do good in the thread, go and crit the projects & project brief.

i'm not an architect

sekurangnye...yang nih betul..hehehe...but who am i to argue your diploma...

Offline adam's ex

• Fresh!
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007, 08:10:21 PM »
Mr. 'lecturer', sir,
Seriously, I DON'T know what you guys are harping about. PLEASE enlighten me, instead of ignoring my request. Once enlightened, then i can start 'TO DO GOOD IN THE THREAD' by putting my 2 cents worth... after all, i am NOT an architect, and not yet an academic..

Awan_Larat

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »
bluagrwhhh...ngada dan gedik le ngkao Zatur  :whistle:... (nasib baik takde emicon muntah)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 09:31:22 PM by Awan_Larat »