Author Topic: Project 1  (Read 7389 times)

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
Project 1
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2006, 04:06:12 AM »
ok.. sorry aza... i know u starting to get tention...

Ok, i got 4 out of 6 right... (only) still having big problems with courtyard and cloister. cos i can't seem to find any CLEAR contemporary examples for these two  :(  the only ones i seem to find are the tradditional courtyard and cloister...

well... may i show some of the examples i got so far?

I'm sure others got this too... found it online
"Seeing is not believing; believing IS seeing..."

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
Project 1
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 05:36:23 AM »
how bout i use this form for courtyard?

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline lyceum

• Administrator
  • Senior
Project 1
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 03:32:59 PM »
First one looks about right. 2nd looks like 2 courtyards!
"Resistance is futile! Your posterior shall be violated!!"

Awan_Larat

Project 1
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 05:43:04 PM »
Tik, tok, tik, tok...7 days to go, 6 houses to draw, 6 models to built. 6 short essays to write about your design . Its now time to complete the work.

My Advice,
By drawing it right and precise your design shall TALK to it intended character. By building you model with great craft and scale it shall TALK to it intended materiality/object and by describing it in right words it shall give strong IDENTITY or CHARACTER to you design.

Remember, theory in Architecture is not just by thought, it is also by means of MAKING. Therefore it is PRAGMATIC/PRACTICAL.  

Good Luck  ;)6

Ps: Draw it right; we will penalize you if it looks to the slightest misalignment, but it does not mean you gave SAFE design. A lot of people in the industry will appreciate you if you are precise not sloppy...ehhh Ramesh?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:00:54 PM by Awan_Larat »

Offline lyceum

• Administrator
  • Senior
Project 1
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 05:49:27 PM »
I think in this case, the "language" is actually the  six stated "typology of spaces" like: centric, courtyard, cloister, linear, etc, etc. 

Am I right?
Oi Yuri! I'm still waiting for an answer!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:51:46 PM by lyceum »

Awan_Larat

Project 1
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 05:55:12 PM »
Ye la tuh...Congratulations En. Ramesh...sheeeh, nak orang cakap jugak tu... hehehehe,  Yuki kan dah lama jawab.... :P  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:04:15 PM by Awan_Larat »

Offline lyceum

• Administrator
  • Senior
Project 1
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2006, 06:06:59 PM »
See.. I knew I was SMART!....

(did yuki answer it? I didn't realise it)

Does this project only rely on the students designing a building to suit each individual space, or does it go beyond that? The title of SixSpaceSet and the description of having 2 groups (or 3 types of spaces each) seems to imply a production of a building with more that one spatial characteristic. Will they be doing that later?

Offline lyceum

• Administrator
  • Senior
Project 1
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2006, 06:53:23 PM »
Ps: Draw it right; we will penalize you if it looks to the slightest misalignment, but it does not mean you gave SAFE design. A lot of people in the industry will appreciate you if you are precise not sloppy...ehhh Ramesh?
Damn right! If you can't draw accurately by now, you should go back to first year!

Awan_Larat

Project 1
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2006, 07:00:45 PM »
The booklet says so, this project is an introduction for them, NOT TO FORGET in years later of the future that space characteristic is a mix of all these and we make design by reference to it. It’s hard to find design by contemporary context that is pure to its Language. Making it pure, that is their task.

Does this project only rely on the students designing a building to suit each individual space, or does it go beyond that?

It’s a basic exercise of SEMANTICism.
Like we said to them, lateral thinking, it has to go beyond designing the space...make it: structure, material, whatever exploration of tectonic forms or expression that suit its language. It also has to be practical; it has to function as a house. Therefore the basic needs of a house had to be fulfilled.

The title of SixSpaceSet and the description of having 2 groups (or 3 types of spaces each) seems to imply a production of a building with more that one spatial characteristic. Will they be doing that later?

Yes, later in Project 3, once you have an idea or concept, how are you going to MAKE your design by understanding of these 'REALLY BASIC' theory ergo you have a design that carry meaning to an object of display inside it. So, you might guess what is the program for Project 3. Hehehe…in Tanah Rata (both Urban and Landscape) really fun...

We created formal space patterns by these six theory. It is also by reference of an Urban Context typology, or topological by landscape that these theories morph into buildings. The interpretation will evolve into many layers of meaning once we have explored its basics...Well I hope these kids will.

Good Architecture always speaks for itself, in many wonderful layers of its meaning inside out. That is what we want them to learn, and how to MAKE it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 07:05:58 PM by Awan_Larat »

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
Project 1
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2006, 09:40:15 PM »
linear

spinal

serial progression

centric

courtyard

cloister

Simple?

how to make it pure but not basic.....
what is required to show a strong language.....
there are few examples out there that is actually pure....
besides that form and composition, there's also other things to consider....

;)6 hope i can get it all straight by the end of this week.
loud and clear mr lyc.

It’s a basic exercise of SEMANTICism.
Like we said to them, lateral thinking, it has to go beyond designing the space...make it: structure, material, whatever exploration of tectonic forms or expression that suit its language. It also has to be practical; it has to function as a house. Therefore the basic needs of a house had to be fulfilled.

can do it gua~! hv to do the box some more... i hopw i got enough materials!

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Awan_Larat

Re: Project 1
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2006, 01:01:46 AM »

Woit !!!! post le design ngkorang, dah penat buat 6 buah rumah dalam masa 3 minggu, takkan tak tunjuk dalam tanggam, although...a lot of improvements need to done on your Architechtonics, plus MUST learn how to draw GOOD DETAIL PERSPECTIVES!!!...

Offline [A]jla

• Regular
    • http://www.ajla.com
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2006, 03:24:16 AM »
man you can be quite scary..... thats the way to go!

yup id like to see some too... anyone? yuki?
i am A _||_ A  and im not afraid to use my spoon ---------------------www.ajla.com-------------------

Awan_Larat

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2006, 12:11:31 AM »
these are some of the designs.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:23:04 AM by Awan_Larat »

Awan_Larat

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2006, 12:28:21 AM »
more to come...

Awan_Larat

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2006, 12:36:40 AM »

banyak lagi, ada 35x6... so that will be 320 houses on display in our Gallery...so lazy to edit your designs on Corel. Buat le sendiri, Our super-seniors have a lot of practical experience, so they can help a lot in developing it into your timber working drawings.

Offline Yuki_Onna

• Senior
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2006, 01:26:11 AM »
ah... malu lar....

\(^-^)/ Joyce
Yuki_Onna

Offline [A]jla

• Regular
    • http://www.ajla.com
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2006, 03:19:09 AM »
jgn malu!! the sooner u kena tegur... the sooner you learn!!
i am A _||_ A  and im not afraid to use my spoon ---------------------www.ajla.com-------------------

Offline sonatta

• Senior
  • Amik ko! amik ko! amik ko!
    • ArchiTecTurA
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2006, 10:14:13 AM »
markah dah kluar kan? dgar criter aku quite truk.

Offline ycwong80

• Junior
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2006, 09:06:40 PM »
interesting projects...glad to c some different approaches in deriving ur ideas...
Travel the world until you see that our castle is the greatest, and our women the most beautiful --The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho

everyman is like all other men, like some other men, like no other man...

Offline crusyLurf

• crusyLurf
  • Fresh!
    • Ишешь что-нибудь почитать?! Я покажу где ...
Ишешь что-ниб
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »
Ишешь что-нибудь почитать?! Что-то интересное?
Тогда заходи на сайт http://vip-obzor.ru и выбирай что душе угодно.
Мы публикуем по несколько статей в день, так что ты не заскучаешь.
Ïðîäâèã åì ñ éò http://www.mywork-home.com